We’re really sorry for the inconvenience and hope you’ll continue to try out our latest desktop client builds and provide us feedback in the meantime. At the bottom of each post here, we’ll provide an email address that you can use to email us feedback. Thanks for bearing with us!
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
The 2.11 series has now reached release candidate status as 3.0.0.
New in 3.0.0
- Minor fixes.
New in the 2.11 (now 3.0.0) series
- Rewrite of the Windows & Linux UI (1)
- File identifiers (2)
- Windows long path support (3)
- New Linux headless setup flow
- Updated splash screens
- New Finder icon overlays
- New Windows notification area icons
- New black and white Mac menu bar icons (4)
- This UI rewrite helps us fix a large number of issues/glitches you have reported over the years, improve performance, support high DPI on Windows, a new setup wizard on Linux, and more!
- File identifiers enable Dropbox to detect when files have been moved and renamed. In the future we'll be able to use this to improve features such as Previous versions. For now, this change should be invisible. Let us know if applications working with files in your Dropbox start interacting differently.
- While Dropbox on Windows now supports paths longer than 260 characters, many applications such as Windows Explorer and Microsoft Word do not.
- We now have just one set of menu bar icons on Mac which are black and white. These icons fully support Yosemite's dark mode.
- On OS X 10.10 Yosemite, context menu items outside of the Dropbox folder are not supported. This means the "Move to Dropbox" context menu item is not supported. This is due to a limitation in Yosemite's Finder Sync Framework.